Journal Bearing GTB2056vk hybrid based on turbocharger from Mercedes 3.2 CDI V6 is the ultimate choice for the 1.9 & 2.0 TDI for someone looking for a fast daily driver.
GotTuned’s GTB2056vk hybrid turbo is a vacuum converted turbo with a manifold from VAG 1.9TDI, 2.0TDI so that it fits a majority of transverse engines with following codes:
BKD, AZV, BKP, ECE, PDE, BSY, ALH, ASV, ASZ, ARL, BLT, BPX, AHF, ARL, ATD, AVK, AUY, AJM, etc.
What’s so special about this one?
1. Fast spool and lower manifold pressures at high RPMs.
2. Higher air-fuel ratio and higher peak torque at low engine speeds.
3. 3rd generation Variable Nozzle Turbine.
4. Only oil cooling (there is no water cooling).
5. Custom GTB20VK bearing housing – the oil line feed and oil lines return are located on both sides of CHRA, like in GT1749V, GTB1756VK, GTB2260VK, etc.
6. Flange for 1.9/2.0 TDI is sent with the turbo.
7. Precise VNT adjustment.
The three things needed to install our GTB2056vk are as follows:
– modification of your current Downpipe (flange for 1.9/2.0 TDI is included in the kit!),
– modification of pipes going to the compressor housing,
– modification of oil line return.
The turbo is meant to work with ~260HP, boost 34PSI. In order to reach that level of power, you need to adjust your fuel, exhaust and cooling systems as well.
Please tell us which vehicle and manifold the turbocharger will be fitted into and we will set up the turbo accordingly. We need usually ~ 10 working days to send this turbocharger.
We are able to do electronic actuator conversion in GTB and GTD series as well ( BorgWarner/KKK and Garrett/Honeywell). Ask about details.